The principal role of the Managing Committee shall be to ensure the general functioning of the Association. It consists of ten Members elected for a period of two years.
Born on 15 September 1945, Bersenbrück, Germany
- Member of the European Parliament 1979-2014
- President of the European Parliament 2007-2009
- President of Honour of the Yehudi Menuhin Foundation
- President of the European Foundation for Information Society
- Member of the Fundación Gala-Salvador Dalí
- Vice-President of the Istituto per l’Opera e la Poesía di Verona
- Member of the European Steering Committee of Notre Europe “Friends of Europe” Trustee
- Chair Jean Monnet “ad honorem”, visiting Professor in Universities all over the world.
- Member of the European Parliament 1989 – 1999.
- Board Member of trustees GDI.
- Member, Academic Advisory Board NATO Defence College, Roma, 1995-1999.
- President, Institute for International Migration Issues, Haarlem 1990-2012.
- Vice-President, Radio Nederland Training Centre, Hilversum, 1988-2012.
- Former Ambassador : San José, Costa Rica, (also accredited to Belize, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and Panama), 1982-1988.
- Former Ambassador International Cultural Relations 1988 – 1989
President Maastricht Antiquarian Booksellers Fair
- Member Editorial Board Foundation Maastricht Historical Books
- Treasurer Maastricht Drama School and President various Limburg Theathergroups
Born on 15 August 1945, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Member of the European Parliament, 1984-2014
- Leader of the Conservatives in the European Parliament, 1997-2001
- Vice-President of the European Parliament for Democracy & Human Rights, 2004-2014
- Winner of the Parliament magazine ‘Outstanding Contribution’ for his work on Arab Spring, 2012
- Medal of Honour from European University Institute, for his human rights work 2013
- Chairman of the Single Seat campaign 2010-2014
- Patron of the UK European Movement
- Lobbyist in Westminster
Born on 13 October 1950, Barcelona, Spain.
- Member of the European Parliament 2004-2014.
- S&D coordinator of the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy 2007-2014.
- Rapporteur of the Framework Programme for Research and Innovation: Horizon 2020.
- Professor of Computer Sciences and Artificial Intelligence at the University of Balearic Islands.
- University Commissioner for the relations with EU Institutions: Research and
- President of the Balearic Islands Socialist Party (PSIB-PSOE).
Born on 12 June 1952, Tulle, France
- Member of the European Parliament 2005 – 2014.
- Vice-Chair of the Committee on Budgetary Control from 2009 to 2012
- Vice-Chair of the Delegation for relations with the Mercosur countries from 2010 to 2014
- Vice-Chair of the Delegation to the Euro-Latin American Parliamentary Assembly from 2013 to 2014
- Member of the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy, Committee on International Trade, Delegation for relations with the countries of Southeast Asia and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and the Delegation for relations with the Maghreb countries and the Arab Maghreb Union (including Libya)
Born on 14 May 1944, Mildenhall (Suffolk), United Kingdom
- Member of the European Parliament 1979-2004.
- Quaestor 1994-2004.
- Member of the UK House of Lords.
- President, Cambridge Conservative Association.
- Co-founder of the FMA. Member of the management committee 2005 to date.
- Chairman of the European Parliament Members Pension Fund.
- Member of the CERN Pension Fund Actuarial and Technical Committee.
- Trained mediator accredited with the Centre for effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR).
Born on 8 December 1939, Hamburg, Germany
- Member of the European Parliament 1990 – 2004.
- President M.A.R.I., Genoa, Italy.
- Board Member Baltic Sea Forum, Hamburg, Germany.
- Advisory Board Trans-Ocean,
- Member EP Kangaroo Group, Brussels.
- Member Presseklub Bremerhaven-Unterweser.
Born on 30 January 1940, Madrid, Spain
- After 14 years of exile, Member of the National Directorate of the Spanish Socialist Workers’ Party and Secretary General of the Party in the region of Castilla-La Mancha.
- Member of the Spanish Parliament from 1977 to 1999.
- Member of the European Parliament from 1999 to 2014 and Vice-President of the European Parliament from 2007 to 2014.
- Honorary President of the Inter-Parliamentary World Union
- Honorary President of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe
- Vice-Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the House of European History
- Honorary Doctorate from the Universities of Aberdeen (Scotland/UK), Bratislava (Slovakia), Cluj (Romania) and the NGIMO in Moscow (Russia)
- Awards: Spanish Order of Merit for the Constitution, the Grand Cross of the Order of Civil Merit and the Grand Cross of the Order of Isabel la Católica. He has also received other awards in over thirty countries.
- Medal of Honor of the Western European Union, Honorary Citizen of the Island of Kos in Greece and of the City of Kork in Ireland
Born on 14 May 1955, Črna, Slovenia
- Member of the European Parliament, 2011-2014
- For 15 years Director of ingeniring company dedicated to High-Tech technology
- Former Minister of Health of Slovenia 2007-2008
- She carried out the Presidency of the European Council of Health Ministers 2008
- Member of the City Council of Ljubljana 2010-2014
- Vice Chair of ECDC Management Board in Stockholm
Born on 15 June 1943, Coimbra, Portugal
- Member of the European Parliament, 1989-1999 and Quaestor 1992-1994.
- Vice-Chair of the Committee on Budgets, 1994-1997
- Author of books and articles on international trade, European integration, regional development and fiscal policy
- Commander of the Order of the Infante Dom Henrique (Portugal) and of the Order of Rio Branco (Brazil)