The principal role of the Managing Committee shall be to ensure the general functioning of the Association. It consists of ten Members elected for a period of two years.
Born on 15 September 1945, Bersenbrück, Germany
- Member of the European Parliament 1979-2014
- President of the European Parliament 2007-2009
- President of Honour of the Yehudi Menuhin Foundation
- President of the European Foundation for Information Society
- Member of the Fundación Gala-Salvador Dalí
- Vice-President of the Istituto per l’Opera e la Poesía di Verona
- Member of the European Steering Committee of Notre Europe “Friends of Europe” Trustee
- Chair Jean Monnet “ad honorem”, visiting Professor in Universities all over the world.
Born on 26 April 1959, Pistoia, Italy
- Member of the European Parliament, 1994-1999.
- Member of the Italian Parliament, 2001-2006.
- Architect, Expert in urban planning, Politician and Author.
- Honored with the title of Grand Officer of Merit of the Italian Republic.
- President of Pinocchioworld and Emeritus of the Cultural Association Pinocchio by Carlo Lorenzini.
- Vice President Ars Pace and Honorary President of the Paolo Frosecchi Foundation.
- Honorary Consul of Italian Historic Companies Union and Co-founder of MADEINITALYforever.
- Active in supporting foreign policy, sustainable development, humanitarian actions and women’s rights.
Born on 12 June 1952, Tulle, France
- Member of the European Parliament 2005 – 2014.
- Vice-Chair of the Committee on Budgetary Control from 2009 to 2012
- Vice-Chair of the Delegation for relations with the Mercosur countries from 2010 to 2014
- Vice-Chair of the Delegation to the Euro-Latin American Parliamentary Assembly from 2013 to 2014
- Member of the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy, Committee on International Trade, Delegation for relations with the countries of Southeast Asia and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and the Delegation for relations with the Maghreb countries and the Arab Maghreb Union (including Libya)
Born on 13 October 1950, Barcelona, Spain.
- Member of the European Parliament 2004-2014.
- S&D coordinator of the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy 2007-2014.
- Rapporteur of the Framework Programme for Research and Innovation: Horizon 2020.
- Professor of Computer Sciences and Artificial Intelligence at the University of Balearic Islands.
- University Commissioner for the relations with EU Institutions: Research and
- President of the Balearic Islands Socialist Party (PSIB-PSOE).
Born on 11 April 1947, Blackburn, United Kingdom
- Member of the European Parliament 1984 – 1999.
- Vice-President of the External Economic Affairs Committee with Parliamentary responsibilities for scrutiny of the entire range of EU external bilateral and multilateral relations 1989-1999
- Expert for European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) 2008-2020
- Former Associate Professor at Georgetown University of the MBA Programme ‘Government Business Relations in the age of globalization’
- Former lecturer of ‘European Studies’ at Lancaster University, London School of Economics (LSE), University of California (Berkeley) and Taras Shevchenko University (Kiev)
- Election observer for the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (EESC)
- Guest lecturer for “EP to Campus” programme in Germany, India, Romania, Bulgaria, Estonia, Russia and Malta.
Born on 8 December 1939, Hamburg, Germany
- Member of the European Parliament 1990 – 2004.
- President M.A.R.I., Genoa, Italy.
- Board Member Baltic Sea Forum, Hamburg, Germany.
- Advisory Board Trans-Ocean,
- Member EP Kangaroo Group, Brussels.
- Member Presseklub Bremerhaven-Unterweser.
Born on 30 January 1940, Madrid, Spain
- After 14 years of exile, Member of the National Directorate of the Spanish Socialist Workers’ Party and Secretary General of the Party in the region of Castilla-La Mancha.
- Member of the Spanish Parliament from 1977 to 1999.
- Member of the European Parliament from 1999 to 2014 and Vice-President of the European Parliament from 2007 to 2014.
- Honorary President of the Inter-Parliamentary World Union
- Honorary President of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe
- Vice-Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the House of European History
- Honorary Doctorate from the Universities of Aberdeen (Scotland/UK), Bratislava (Slovakia), Cluj (Romania) and the NGIMO in Moscow (Russia)
- Awards: Spanish Order of Merit for the Constitution, the Grand Cross of the Order of Civil Merit and the Grand Cross of the Order of Isabel la Católica. He has also received other awards in over thirty countries.
- Medal of Honor of the Western European Union, Honorary Citizen of the Island of Kos in Greece and of the City of Kork in Ireland
Born on 15 August 1945, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Member of the European Parliament, 1984-2014
- Leader of the Conservatives in the European Parliament, 1997-2001
- Vice-President of the European Parliament for Democracy & Human Rights, 2004-2014
- Winner of the Parliament magazine ‘Outstanding Contribution’ for his work on Arab Spring, 2012
- Medal of Honour from European University Institute, for his human rights work 2013
- Chairman of the Single Seat campaign 2010-2014
- Patron of the UK European Movement
- Lobbyist in Westminster
Born on 6 June 1955, Riviera D’Adda, Italy
- Member of the European Parliament, 2004-2019
- Chair of the cultural association “Archivio del Lavoro” 1997
- Secretary General of the Milan Metropolitan Chamber of Labour leading the European policies of the Italian trade union CGIL 1995-2003
- Vice-Chair of the Committee on Employment and Social Affairs 2005-2008
- Chair of the Delegation for relations with the Maghreb countries and the Arab Maghreb Union 2009-2017
- Chair of the Conference of Delegation Chairs 2014-2017
- Chair of the Subcommittee on Human Rights (DROI) 2017-2019
- Founder and Chair of the Brussels based non-profit association ‘Fight Impunity’, against impunity and for transitional justice 2019-now
Born on 15 June 1943, Coimbra, Portugal
- Quaestor of the European Parliament and the Parliament’s Bureau 1992-1994
- Vice-Chair of the Committee on Budgets 1994-1997
- Member of the Academic Council of the Jean Monnet Action
- Former World President of the ECSAs, the European Community Studies Associations 2002-2008
- Director of the Association of European Studies (University of Coimbra)
- Lecturer of ‘Policies of the European Union’ at Univeristy of Lusíada of Oporto and ‘International Economic Law’ at University of Lusíada of Lisbon
- Visiting Professor of the University and Institute of European Studies of Macau
- Vice Secretary General of the Academy of Sciences of Lisbon